Montreal, February 17, 202
2 – With two members of its board of directors nearing the end of their terms, the Corporation de gestion des Marchés publics de Montréal (CGMPM) invites members of the public to apply to fill the vacancies. An election will be held at the corporation’s annual general meeting in late March. The two seats are reserved for independent candidates who are:
of the urban agglomeration of Montreal
• Not merchants
at any of the city’s public markets
“This election gives Montrealers a chance to get involved in the development of a human-scaled network of public markets. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals and those who appreciate our markets to contribute to improving access to fresh, local products,” the board of the Corporation de gestion des Marchés publics de Montréal said in a statement.
The CGMPM’s board has a total of ten members, of whom five are merchants commercializing at the Montreals public Markets and five are independent. Board members serve for two-year terms, after which their seat is open for election.
late March. The two seats are reserved for independent candidates who are:
Independent candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• With their nomination form, include a letter explaining their reasons for wishing to become a board member
• Obtain signatures from two merchants
commercializing in Montreal’s public markets in support of their candidacy via the application form
. To consult the directory of all our members, click here
• Provide proof of residence
in the urban agglomeration of Montreal;
• Submit their nomination form no later than March 15, 2022, to the attention of the board secretary, Ms. Frédérique Roy Trempe, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Eligible nominees will be contacted ahead of the annual general meeting, which will be held virtually in the last week of March, 2022. Please note that diversity and inclusiveness are priority values for the Corporation de gestion des Marchés publics de Montréal and we encourage nominees from all backgrounds.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM