Montreal, September 3, 2020
– The Corporation de gestion des marchés publics de Montréal (CGMPM) invites members of the public to stand for election for the open seats on its board of directors. A total of five seats reserved for outside directors will be filled this October:
- Four seats for residents of the Urban Agglomeration of Montreal who are not merchants in the markets
- One seat for a person who is not a market merchant but who is a member of a business association with a presence in Montreal’s public markets (e.g. Canadian Federation of Independent Business, Union des producteurs agricoles, Association des détaillants en alimentation du Québec, Association des restaurateurs du Québec, etc.).
“This election is an opportunity for experts as well individuals who love our markets to contribute to the ongoing improvement of Montreal’s network of public markets, including the Jean-Talon, Atwater, Maisonneuve and Lachine markets, as well as the various neighbourhood markets,” the Corporation’s board stated.
The CGMPM’s board has a total of ten directors, of whom five are merchants in the markets and five are outside directors. Directors are elected for a two-year term.
To be eligible for an outside directorship, candidates must:
- Include a cover letter and supporting documents with their application
- Obtain the signatures of two Montreal Public Market merchants in support of their candidacy
- Provide proof of residence in the Urban Agglomeration of Montreal or proof of membership in a business association with a presence in Montreal’s Public Markets
- File all documents before September 21, 2020, by emailing them to the CGMPM’s secretary, Germain Simard, at email@example.com.
About Montréal’s Public Markets
Founded in 1993, the Corporation for the Management of Montréal’s Public Markets is a non-profit organization that manages and develops the major public markets in the Montreal area – Jean-Talon, Atwater, Maisonneuve and Lachine markets – and some ten neighborhood markets. Its objective is to ensure that Montrealers have access to local products as diverse as they are in markets that are at the heart of their community.
Communications & Marketing Director
Corporation de gestion des marchés publics de Montréal