We want to keep our offer varied and local products in our markets despite the crisis. This is why several new security measures have been implemented. We continue to adjust to the situation in order to make the maximum contribution to the collective effort to control the spread of COVID-19.
JEAN-TALON, ATWATER AND MAISONNEUVE MARKET
· Outdoor areas secured with fences to limit access and occupancy
· Crowd-management team stationed at access points as well as inside the markets to ensure people maintain appropriate physical distancing
· Mandatory masks for our team : greeting staff, maintenance, parking attendants and administration team.
· Mandatory handwashing upon entering and exiting the secured area
· New handwashing stations in the markets’ central areas
· Widening of the central concourse at Jean-Talon Market to enable one-way traffic
· All vendors required to install a protective barrier between employees and customers
· Contactless payment encouraged
· Creation of pick-up and delivery zones for participating merchants: https://www.marchespublics-mtl.com/en/delivery-and-pick-up/
· Take-out only offered by food-service providers
· The north and south sides of Jean-Talon Market are closed to vehicles during business hours to ensure visitor safety and more fluid pedestrian traffic
· More frequent cleaning of high-risk areas
· Removal of seating to prevent loitering
All visitors are asked to take the following precautions in order to keep the markets operating smoothly:
· Make a grocery list and have a clear idea of your needs before entering the market
· Shop alone or with one essential helper
· Leave children at home, if possible
· If possible, visit during normal quiet times: Monday to Wednesday at the beginning and end of the day.