- Generously butter the ramequins.
- Salt, pepper to taste and sprinkle with some chopped chives.
- Break an egg into each ramequin and pour the cream over each egg.
- Place the ramequins in an oven-proof dish.
- Pour hot water to mid-height of the ramequins.
- Cook in the oven at about 340°C /170°C for 6 to 8 minutes until the egg white is just barely coagulated.
- Sprinkle with chives when you take them out of the oven.
Use your imagination for the toppings. Below are some ideas:
Shredded ham or bacon
Stewed tomato and pepper (don’t use cream and substitute the butter for olive oil)
A recipe from our chef, Nicole Anne Gagnon.