- In a saucepan, soften the leek in the butter or the oil.
- Add the corn, soften two more minutes and add the stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10-15 min., leave to cool slightly. Purée the soup in a blender. Strain through a sieve, above the saucepan.
- Add the cream and adjust the seasoning.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients of the salsa.
- Garnish the cream of corn soup with the salsa and serve.
A recipe from d’Atelier Cuisiner en Famille, created by chief educator Mélissa Clément, for Montreal’s Public Markets. Illustration by Laucolo.