45 min. (30 min. resting time)
Suggestions– For this recipe, you will need a rolling mill.
– Use Italian 00 flour, which is finer.
– Use different coloured asparagus: purple asparagus also makes lovely ribbons.
– Try to sing in Italian with your children while you are rolling out your pasta.
– This recipe is just as memorable with a rosé sauce.
Mound the flour on a clean working surface, then make a well in the middle of it.
- Pour the olive oil and the eggs into the well, and using a fork, mix them together, gradually incorporating the flour and the water, until the dough becomes too stiff to work with the fork (add more water if necessary).
- Continue mixing with your hands and knead for 5-10 minutes, until the dough is smooth.
- Wrap it and let it rest on the counter for a good 30 minutes before using it.
- While the dough is resting, make asparagus ribbons with a vegetable peeler, by peeling the asparagus along its length. Set the ribbons aside in ice water.
- Divide the dough into eight balls and set them aside under a dish towel.
- Flatten the pasta dough balls and run them through the rolling mill, from thicker to thinner, from one setting to another. Let the pasta dry for a few minutes. Cut the pasta into the form you want (spaghettini, linguini, tagliatelle, etc.)
- Cook from 1 to 2 minutes in salted boiling water and serve immediately with our springtime herb pesto recipe (last month’s recipe), asparagus ribbons, Parmesan and whole basil leaves.