1. Place raspberries and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, until mixture justs come to a boil and the sugar has dissolved.
2.In a blender, purée the ingredients and leave to cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar until the candy thermometer reads 103°C. If you don’t have a thermometer, as soon as you can see small bubbles, remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg whites and stop before it becomes firm. Pour the sugar syrup in a thin stream over the egg whites and stir gently until cooled.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Mix meringue with whipped cream.
- Add raspberry sauce.
- Pour the mixture into individual bowls or a mould and leave to set in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve with a fruit sauce or a crème anglaise.
A recipe by David Bazzali, chef of Il Bazzali, for Montreal’s Public Markets.