Preparation time: 25 minutes Baking time: 25 minutesRefrigeration time: 24 hours
Let yourself be tempted by this festive Christmas log recipe with the flavors of the market created by La Fille du 3eme
Icing (Prepare the day before to intensify the tea flavour.)
- Cream the cream cheese with the butter in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and beat at high speed to remove any lumps.
- Cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper and the edges of the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, cacao, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, purée the beets, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Add one egg at a time and continue to beat until smooth. Stir in the beet mixture, alternating with the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour out the batter onto the cookie sheet, spreading it out over the entire sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely.
- Set the cake onto a clean surface (at this time, you can cut off a small piece of the cake to decorate the log)
- Use ½ of the icing to ice the entire surface of the cake.
- Gently roll it up from one end.
- Cover the log with the rest of the icing.
- Decorate the log with cake crumbs, Earl Grey tea or something else. Use your imagination.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Keeps well up to one week in the fridge or up to three months in the freezer.