Suggestions:Let your kids add the ingredients with you, they’ll be proud of themselves!Feel free to vary the mix of herbs or greens, according to what’s in your fridge.Coat and oven-roast your root vegetables with this pesto.Mix it with mayonnaise and use it as a sandwich spread.As a sauce, reserve 1 cup of cooking water from the pasta, to thin it, if desired.Freeze some to have on hand for quick meals during the week!
Clean the herbs and the lime well. Zest and juice the lime, set aside.
- Coarsely chop the herbs and garlic, then put it through a food processor or a hand blender.
- Slowly pour in the oil in a thin stream and emulsify it.
- Add the nuts, lime zest and juice. Mix until the texture is velvety.
- Add the Parmesan, salt and pepper. Correct seasoning if necessary.
- Coat your favourite pasta (cooked) with this delicious springtime pesto.