- Donuts: whisk the flour, baking powder, egg, oil, milk and seasonings together.
- Add the corn, green onions, shrimp, coriander and hot pepper. Mix carefully.
- Heat some oil in an anti-stick frying pan, and spoon large spoonfuls of the mixture into it.
- Fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and set on paper towels to soak up excess oil. Serve with the salad.
- Make the salad by crushing the hot pepper, coriander leaves and salt in a mortar (or mince together if you don’t have a mortar). Add the olive oil and lime juice. Arrange the tomatoes and spinach leaves on four plates and drizzle the vinaigrette over them.
A recipe from our chef, Nicole Anne Gagnon.