- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie. Remove from the burner.
- Whip the cream and set aside.
- Add the chestnut cream and rum to the melted butter and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream. Add the hazelnuts.
- Put in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Shape the chocolate mixture into 2 or 3 cm-diameter truffles with a small spoon, and roll them in your hand (wear plastic gloves if your hands are warm).
- Put them back in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Roll the truffles in the cocoa or praline, or dip them in melted chocolate. Keep in a cool place.
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the dates. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, until the dates form a paste.
- Add the vanilla extract and beaten egg, mix together well.
- Pour into a bowl and add the crisped rice cereal. Mix well.
- Form into small 2 to 3 cm balls and roll in the grated coconut.
- Cool and keep in an airtight container.
- 1. Chop the figs in a food processor. Add the oatmeal and mix well.
- 2. Add enough orange juice to obtain a workable paste.
- 3. Transfer into a mixing bowl and add 50 g crushed pumpkin seeds.
- 4. Form into 2 to 3 cm balls and roll in the rest of the crushed pumpkin seeds (100 g).
Recipes from the MPM’s resident chef, Nicole Anne Gagnon.