Preparation time : 15 minTotal time : 60 min
We decided to dedicate an entire week of this month of November to root vegetables to let you see them under a new light, through many different original recipes!
We’ve chosen this delicious beet and raspberry hummus recipe to help you discover beets in a totally new way. If you followed our advice and froze raspberries this summer, this delicious hummus recipe is a great way to use them!
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200°C).
- Peel and slice the beets and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Add the thyme and cover with half of the oil (60 ml). Salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes in the oven or until tender. Let cool.
- Purée the beets in a food processor or with a hand mixer.
- Add the raspberries, the chickpeas, the lemon zest and juice and purée until smooth.
- Season with the vinegar, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Garnish with the chives just before serving.
Serve on tortillas or pita, with cooked or raw vegetables, sprouts, crackers or croutons.
A recipe from Québec’s Association des Producteurs de Fraises et Framboises