Leg of lamb from Les 2 frères butcher shop
All recipes |
For 1/2 leg of lamb
- 4 large garlic cloves, cut in 4
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups of red wine
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 thyme sprig
- Salt, pepper
Steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Make several cuts in the lamb in order to stuff the garlic cloves.
- In an oven-proof pot, cook the lamb in olive oil in order to brown it on both sides and caramelize the onion.
- Place the onions on top of the lamb along with the red wine and the herbs.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 7 hours, basting every hour.
- Take out of the oven, take off the lid and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.