Our recipe for the month of December: a delicious dessert, perfect for the holiday season!
- Heat the cream in a saucepan, add the rehydrated gelatine sheets, mix well and pour over the chocolate. Wait 5 minutes and whisk to emulsify. Add the yogurt and mix well. Divide into 4 verrines. Put in the fridge and leave for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer, blend all the ingredients until they become crumbly. Put the mixture on a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Stir or shake frequently. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Pour the corn syrup, sugar and just enough water to cover the sugar into a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat without stirring, until you get a dark caramel. Remove from heat and add the butter, stir well.
- Place the cubed apples in an ovenproof pan, pour the caramel over it and add 1 or 2 tbsp. (15 to 30 mL) water. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure that the apples are completely caramelized. Let cool completely.
- In the verrines containing the chocolate, place two or three spoonfuls of caramel apple topped with two spoonfuls of crumble.
A recipe from MPM, developed in collaboration with Tablée des Chefs.