- Mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the egg yolks, salt and lemon zest. Whisk until foamy.
- Add the milk and then the flour. Gently fold in the grated carrots and set aside.
- Whip the whipping cream with the sugar until it forms firm peaks. Add the orange liqueur.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the reserved waffle batter.
- Cook the waffles in an oiled waffle iron,* then serve them topped with the whipped cream and sprinkled with icing sugar.
*If you don’t have a waffle iron, you can cook them like pancakes.