- Preheat a convection oven* to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Using a clean cloth, wipe cauliflower and remove any dirt (do not rinse under running water). Remove larger leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower, but leave the smaller ones.
- Line a cooking sheet or an ovenproof dish with parchment paper and place cauliflower on top. Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the centre is al dente (we want to keep it a little crunchy!). Don’t cover while roasting (it will prevent the cauliflower from browning and will lose the caramelized flavour that we love so much).
- * To get a nice golden colour with a traditional oven, finish roasting under the grill.
Sauce and assembly:
- Mix all the sauce ingredients with the olive oil.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Cut roasted cauliflower into florets or quarters, then cover with some of the sauce.
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.You can replace the 3 herbs (lovage, savoury and tarragon) with oregano, thyme, coriander and even mint.
The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.
The sauce will be even tastier if prepared the day before.
Other uses for the sauce:
• Meat (red, poultry) and grilled fish:
Pour over meat or fish grilled with a little salt and pepper.
Heat the sauce and serve on fresh pasta.
Blend the sauce and cover your pizza dough (or naan bread) before adding the ingredients of your choice.
Blend the sauce and mix with sour cream (quantities to taste).