Easy to make, tasty and fresh. One of Chef Nicole-Anne Gagnon’s favourite summer recipes.
- Brush the asparagus with olive oil, season with salt and grill until browned but still crunchy. Cut into pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spelt in simmering salted water about 25 min. or until grains are tender. Drain if necessary and stir to cool.
- Vinaigrette: puree all of the ingredients, except oil, in a hand blender. Pour the oil into the puree in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the texture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vinaigrette to the spelt, asparagus, tomatoes and green onions.
- Let salad rest for about 5 min. before serving on a bed of lettuce.
A recipe from our Chef, Nicole Anne Gagnon.