- Peel the garlic cloves and roast them in olive oil in a pan over medium heat until they are golden. Set aside.
- If dirty, trim the stems of the mushrooms with a knife and wipe them with paper towel.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and sauté them in a pan until they release their moisture.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Purée the mushrooms, olives, and roasted garlic together with a foot blender or a food processer. Set aside.
Chanterelles and cheese curds
- If dirty, trim the stems of the chanterelles with a knife, and wipe them with paper towel.
- Sauté the chanterelles with a knob of butter in a pan over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the cheese curds, and let simmer until they are completely melted.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread the tapenade over the bread, then garnish with the chanterelle and cheese curd melt.
- Sprinkle the slices with the chopped basil.
- Serve with a salad.
You can adjust the quantity according to taste and preference.
A recipe from Fou du Chef, Atwater Market.