- Wash the beets and cook them in their skins in boiling water with a dash of vinegar, until a knife slides in easily (30 to 60 minutes according to their size).
- Cool them and peel by lightly rubbing the skins with your fingers.
- Slice thinly and place them on the plates.
- Garnish with sliced or crumbled cheese and the mesclun sprouts, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
- Mix the mustard, vinegar and poppyseeds.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Season to taste and drizzle over the beet salad.
A recipe from the MPM’s resident chef, Nicole Anne Gagnon.