- Mix the milk, egg, sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Pour the batter through a sieve and let it rest for one hour.
- Cook the crêpes over low heat in a non-stick pan with the butter.
- Set the crêpes aside under a towel.
- Clean the ground cherries and cut them into quarters. Leave eight of them whole for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the ground cherries, the maple syrup and let it caramelize to a nice golden colour.
- Add the orange juice and zest and simmer over low heat until the liquid becomes syrupy.
- Fold the crêpes into quarters and add them to the hot syrup. Flambé them with the brandy.
- Garnish with the whole ground cherries and serve immediately.
A recipe from the MPM’s resident chef, Nicole Anne Gagnon.