The Canneberges Bieler stand at Jean-Talon Market suggests this cranberry sauce recipe for the holidays. A family classic, handed down from generation to generation.
Delicious with your Christmas turkey or to add a festive note to a grilled pork filet!
- Melt the sugar in water in a pot at medium heat. Let simmer a few minutes so that the syrup thickens slightly.
- Add the cranberries and simmer them until they pop (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Use orange or apple juice instead of water
- Use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar