Preparation time : 15 minutesTotal time : Cooking time: 40 minutes - Resting time: 12 hours
By Bobby Grégoire, Gastronomy Specialist
Type of dish: Dessert
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the nuts on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Grill them in the oven until browned, about 6 minutes. Stir occasionally. Set aside.
- Bring the water and 125 mL honey to a boil in a small pot, until the mixture reaches 150°C, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the honey to 120°C in a medium-sized pot, stirring constantly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form with an electric mixer. Whip in the hot honey from the medium-sized pot. Increase the speed and gradually add the honey and water syrup.
- Once the syrup is completely blended in, reduce the speed and stir about 10 minutes until the mixture is lukewarm.
- Add the grilled, hot nuts and mix them in with a spatula.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper, then a host, on a cold, clean surface. Spread the nougat into an even layer. Cover with a second host. Let cool on the counter overnight.