Don't forget to soak the meat skewers in water for at least 1 hour before use.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture around a wooden or bamboo skewer* and press firmly.
- Preheat barbecue to high intensity. Oil the grill.
- Place the keftas on the grill and turn down the heat to medium-high intensity.
- Cook the keftas for 4 to 5 minutes before turning them over. If they tend to stick together, they are not ready to be flipped.
- Continue cooking for 8 to 9 minutes, turning a few times if necessary.
- Serve keftas with homemade or store-bought ketchup.
Tip: Use half a lemon (cut side down), dipped in olive oil, to oil the barbecue grill. Leave it to grill, then use it to drizzle lemon juice over the keftas when serving.
You can prepare the keftas a few hours before cooking.